These are the instructions to flash or install the Sony Xperia Stock ROM (.ftf firmware) using the Xperia Flash Tool.
Caution: Flashing or installing firmware using the Xperia Flash Tool will wipe the data from the device. Therefore, we recommend you to take a backup of your data before using the tool.
Install .ftf Firmware (ROM) on Xperia Devices
- Download and install Sony Xperia Driver on the computer. If in case Sony Xperia Drivers are already installed on the computer, then SKIP this step.
- Download and extract Sony Xperia Firmware on the computer. After extracting you will be able to see similar file (with .ftf extension):
- Download and install Sony Xperia Flashtool on your computer (if you have already having the FlashTool, then there is no need to download it again).
- Once Sony Xperia Flashtool is installed, Open it from C:Drive > Flashtool.
- Once Sony Xperia Flashtool is launched, you will be able to see the following screen:
- Now, click on the Flash Button.
- Now, you will be able to see the Bootmode Chooser menu. Select Flashboot option and click on OK button.
- Now, load the downloaded xperia firmware (.ftf) in the flashtool. By clicking on the Load Button.
- Now, Select the loaded Firmware.
Click on the Flash button to begin the flashing process:
- Power off the Xperia Device > Press and Hold Volume Down button and connect the device to the computer using the USB cable.
- Once the device is successfully connected to the computer then you will be able to see the added message in Xperia Flashtool.
- Now, flashing will begin and will take 5-10 minutes to complete.
- Once the flashing process is completed, disconnect your device from the computer and turn it On.
Caution: Flashing or installing firmware using the above tutorial will wipe the data from the device. Therefore, we recommend you to take a backup of your data before following the tutorial above.
[*] Sony Xperia Firmware: If you are looking for the original firmware for your device, then head over to Download Sony Stock Firmware page.
[*] Sony Xperia Driver: If you are looking for the original USB Driver for your device, then head over to Download Sony USB Driver page.
[*] Credits: Xperia FlashTool was created and distributed by Androxyde. So, full credit goes to them for creating the Application for free.