These are instructions on how to flash or install the Sony Xperia Stock ROM (.ftf firmware) using the Xperia Flash Tool.
Caution: Flashing or installing firmware using the Xperia Flash Tool will wipe the data from the device. Therefore, we recommend you take a backup of your data before using the tool.
Install .ftf Firmware (ROM) on Xperia Devices
- Download and install Sony Xperia USB Driver on the computer. If in case Xperia Drivers are already installed, then SKIP this step.
- Download and extract Sony Xperia Firmware on the computer. After extracting the firmware, you will be able to get similar files (with .ftf extension):
- Download and install Sony Xperia Flash Tool on the computer. If in case Xperia Flash Tool is already installed, then SKIP this step.
- Once Sony Xperia Flash Tool is installed, Launch it from the Desktop Shortcut or from the Start Menu. Alternatively, you can also launch the Flash Tool from the C:\Flashtool\ folder.
- Once Sony Xperia Flashtool is launched, you will be able to see the following screen:
- Click on the Flash Button.
- Now, you will be able to see the Bootmode Choose Dialog Box. Select Flashboot option and Click on OK button.
- Load the downloaded Xperia Firmware (.ftf) in the flashtool by clicking on the Browse Button.
- Once the Firmware is Loaded in the Flash Tool, Select the Firmware version using the dropdown button.
- Power off the Xperia Device > Press and Hold Volume Down button and connect the device to the computer using the USB cable.
- Once the device is successfully connected to the computer, flashing will begin and will take 5-10 minutes to complete.
- Once the flashing process is completed, disconnect your device from the computer and turn it On.
Locate and Select the Firmware Folder:
Select all the Checkbox under Wipe area and Click on the Flash button to begin the flashing process:
[*] Caution: Flashing or installing firmware using the above tutorial will wipe the data from the device. Therefore, we recommend you take a backup of your data before following the tutorial above.
[*] Sony Xperia Firmware: If you are looking for the original firmware for your device, then head over to Download Sony Stock Firmware page.
[*] Sony Xperia Driver: If you are looking for the original USB Driver for your device, then head over to Download Sony USB Driver page.
[*] Credits: Xperia FlashTool was created and distributed by Androxyde. So, full credit goes to him for sharing the Application for free.