These are the instructions to flash or install the Sony Xperia Stock Rom (ftf firmware) using the Xperia Flash Tool on Windows Computer.
Requirements: Your Xperia device should have atleast 30-40 percent of phone battery to perform the flashing process.
Install .ftf Firmware (ROM) on Xperia Devices
- Download and install Sony Xperia Driver on your computer. If in case Sony Xperia driver is already installed on your computer then SKIP this step.
- Download and extract Sony Xperia Firmware on your computer. After extracting you will be able to see similar file (with .ftf extension):
- Download and install Sony Xperia Flashtool on your computer (if you have already having the FlashTool, then there is no need to download it again).
- Once Sony Xperia Flashtool is installed, Open it from C:Drive > Flashtool.
- Once Sony Xperia Flashtool is launched, you will be able to see the following screen:
- Now, click on the Flash Button.
- Now, you will be able to see the Bootmode Chooser menu. Select Flashboot option and click on OK button.
- Now, load the downloaded xperia firmware (.ftf) in the flashtool. By clicking on the Load Button.
- Now, Select the loaded Firmware.
- Now, Click on the Flash button to begin the flashing process.
- Power off your Xperia Device.
- Now, Press and Hold Volume Down button and connect the device to the computer using the USB cable.
- Once the device is successfully connected to the computer then you will be able to see the added message in Xperia Flashtool.
- Now, flashing will begin and will take 5-10 minutes to complete.
- Once the flashing process is completed, disconnect your device from the computer and turn it On.
Keep in Mind:
[*] Data Loss Process: Flashing the stock firmware is always a data loss process. So, always take a backup of your personal data before flashing the stock firmware.
[*] Sony Xperia Firmware: If you are looking for the original firmware for your device then head over to Download Sony Stock Firmware for all devices page.
[*] Sony Xperia Driver: If you are looking for the original USB Driver for your device then head over to Download Sony USB Driver for all devices page.
[*] Credits: Xperia FlashTool was created by Androxyde. So, full credit goes to them for creating the Application for free.